Thursday 18 July 2013

Quicksilver - Son of M #2



Initially I painted this piece in monochrome, in blue. The editor, Tom Brevoort, asked me to put in a broader range of colours. He was right. It was pretty simple, I added a touch of grey to the white parts of the costume and a few hints of skin tone. I did this back in the time when I was freelance and was working for both Marvel and DC. It was ace...

Quiksilver's uniform was a little odd at this time, the two tones of blue, the pointy gloves. The Son of M series itself was pretty cool though. The follow up, Silent War went through a lot of editorial changes, rewrites...and the final series 'Black Bolt:Underworld' was never published. I read the first issue script by David Hine, it was really good. I think the idea was to take The Inhumans to the bottom, the depths of despair and then build them up again and put a fresh version back in the Marvel Universe...but Secret Invasion happened and Black Bolt was needed for that...



No comments:

Post a Comment