Monday 21 March 2016

Star Trek: Countdown Collection volume 1

Another Star Trek cover I've done for a collected edition.







This was the most difficult of the pieces to do by far. I got the likeness of Chris Pine quite well in the pencil prelim but I didn't capture him in paint.



 I ended up totally repainting the face and it came out ok...but it was a worry for a while.  I think the main problem was that the face was a little too small for getting the likeness right in oil. It'd have been ok if he wasn't the main figure and focus point of the composition!


Above is the first version. You can see, Kirk's mouth is rubbish!


 And here's the finished piece, albeit a version with a cold filter added! It took me a fair few repaints but I got there in the end!



No comments:

Post a Comment