Sunday 1 May 2016

NOR-CON 6 8th October 2016

I'll be attending NOR-CON 6 in Norwich on the 8th October this year.

For more information on the convention itself see here

As usual I'm taking commissions, almost the same prices as previous years and I'll be sketching all weekend also. Sketches I do at the con itself, as always, are free. It takes the pressure off me in case they're not very good basically. And it's cool. For pre-convention sketches, continue reading!

It's also going to be great that Barry Kitson will be there. I've known Barry since 2002 and he's one of the main reasons I got to work at DC Comics in the first place. Be sure to check out his wonderful artwork at the con!

Now here's the information you'll need about my commissions!

All the pre con commissions are done in pencil, ink and Copic marker. I can do something different, say pencils only, or linework, just let me know. I'll also be doing colour pieces again, basically they're copic marker pieces with watercolour added. They're a lot more finished than what I can accomplish on the day of the con and they're pretty cheap!

Here are some examples:

A4 B/W. These are £45.






I also do colour A4 sketches, £55!




A4 comic sketch covers. These are £45












These are pretty popular at the moment. You can either supply your own covers for me to draw on or I d have a limited selection available myself, for a little extra cost on top of the commission price. The DC covers are a better surface to draw on but as you can hopefully see from the Stan Lee cover above, I can still draw ok on the Marvel ones...except the dead shiny ones they did a few years ago. Well, I can still draw on them but they won't be that good!

A4 Colour. These are £55





A3 B/W. These are £90


These tend to be more full figure than the A4 ones as they're twice the size!

A3 Colour. These are £110






I don't mind doing a couple of figures on the A3 colour pieces, as long as it doesn't get crazy with detail


I'll also have some colour prints for sale, £10 each. I think they're pretty nice. I've, at the moment, got five different ones but by the con it'll probably be up to ten, depends on whether I get chance to colour them! Here are some examples.








As well, I'll have some original published art for sale, Star Trek covers for IDW, both paintings and prelims and also a selection of cover recreations.

Get in touch for commission sketches etc by the usual methods, basically watson904@btinternet.com, see Twitter for updates too.

No comments:

Post a Comment